A great Will Smith movie shows the power of cognitive bias in decision making
Have you ever noticed how difficult it is to change our minds?
It seems even more challenging to convince someone else to change their mind. This journey explores how we change our minds, especially as it impacts our personal and professional growth. We use a multi-disciplinary approach, considering research from Decision Science, Economics, Psychology, Neuroscience, and Political Science. This journey provides practical business and science contexts. It provides real-life examples of changing our minds and reaching our goals.
You may navigate to the primary journey article next. Below are resources to help you dig into related aspects of the journey. The primary journey article also has many references to other research supporting this journey.
Background and Building An Understanding
1. How braver people, especially our daughters, achieve more career success
2. An investor’s view: Teaching our daughters to be brave
3. Sustainable Diversity in the post-pandemic world
4. Origins of our tribal nature
5. The College Decision - Framework and tools for investing in your future
6. The benefits and risks of college – An employer's and risk manager's perspective
7. They kept asking about what I wanted to do with my life, but what if I don't know? - Part 1
8. Creativity - For Both Introverts and Extroverts
Active Listening and Living In It
10. Fight Entropy: The practical physics of time
11. The Great Social Equalizers: Data and Decision-Making
12. Information curation in a world drowning in data noise
13. Curiosity Exploration - An evolutionary approach to lifelong learning
Pulling the Trigger
14. The case for range: Why “polymathic” people are so valuable
15. The case for removing Civil War Statues
16. Resolving Lending Bias - a proposal to improve credit decisions with more accurate credit data
17. Negotiating success and building your BATNA
18. Big Rocks